The Gear Boy, later modified into Super Gear Boy, is Sal's gameboy that can also be used to detect supernatural hot spots.
Introduction in the game
The Gear Boy was found near the TV in Sal's room with some weird game. According to Sal, it lights up when Megan is near but it doesn't light up every time.
Super Gear Boy
With Larry's antenna from his police scanner, few extra parts from Sal's Walkie Talkie and his own equipment, Todd upgraded it into Super Gear Boy to detect supernatural hot spots better. Now Sal can both play games and use ghost hunting mode with it.
How to use
You'll need to hold the system out with the antenna fully extended by pressing the "Shift" button, the screen will glow if it detects any paranormal frequencies in close proximity. While it's flashing, press the "R" button there to produce a large electrical discharge then the surge of electricity will provide an ample source of power to energize nearby apparitions and other supernatural elements as well. Beside, Sal can use it to play the game In Seeking Providence that reveals some stories in the game.
- Gear Boy is obvious basing on a real-life Game Gear in the appearance.
- Even if it was upgraded into Super Gear Boy, the icon of Gear Boy still appears when it lights up in the left corner of the screen.
- Gear Boy reminds of PipBoy from "Fallout". For example, Gear Boy is really important and it's possible to play several mini games on it, just like with PipBoy.
- The improved version of it also bases on Game Boy, but this time on Advanced Version.
- Also, it can base on Game Gear made by Sega.
- One of the mini-games, Episode 6, on SGB bases on a room during the Episode 3.